Monday 29 September 2014

Holly Maxwell and the Dynamic Duo, Chapter 1.5 Cresida takes the stage

Hello and welcome to another chapter of Holly Maxwell and the dynamic duo. If you haven't read this before and are totally confused click here and if you have, I have a question for you. Why are you back? haha. (I didn't mean it, come back!) Anyway, without further adieu I present to you:
                                          note: this will be a smaller post than before.



Cresida: Look I don't care what you say, the fact that you're a slob does not exclude you from dish duty.
Brutus: But...

Cresida: *clears throat* If you've read Holly's previous post you already know what's what.
And if you haven't, well you're probably just as confused as Brutus looks in this photo here.
Brutus: Hey!
Cresida: Haha, I kid, I kid. 
Anyway, seeing as you already do know. I'm here to fill in on what we've been doing the past month and a bit. 
Cresida: Hmm what to talk about? 'Business' as it were has been slow. By which I mean we've not had any requests, or 'jobs' as Brutus is now calling them. So it's been pretty relaxed.
Cresida: Oh yeah! First things first. Holly and I are closer friends then we've been since we were kids.
Cresida: Oop, here we are again.... Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors in front of the toilet. 
Cresida: I am still doing all of the cooking in the household.
                                 Oh and finally, Brutus and Holly are trying out the whole 'relationship' thing. 
Yuk.
Cresida: Look at them! Isn't it just sickening?
...
Cresida: Anyway. I didn't just want to write this about how much of a third wheel I am now,
I actually have a pretty interesting anecdote to share with you, Holly's presumed readers. 
It all starts with the epic last two weeks before we scored some work. 

Cresida: Ahhh, these were the days. 
It was so warm then, we only ever left the pool for two reasons:
1. To douse ourselves in more sunscreen 
2. To take dumps. Because, Let's face it.
 No-one wants to see that floating around. 
Cresida: Oh look! Here I am being awesome, again.
Brutus: Ha!
Cresida: Get out. Now. 
*WOOWHO!*
Cresida: So after like spending the whole week down at the pool
by Friday, the novelty had sort of worn off. We exploited Holly's aptitude for being somewhat of a social butterfly, and made her some randoms about potential bars for the three of us to visit.
Cresida: Holly was all like: "Babe, the randoms were super helpful!"
Then Brutus was like: "HAW! Where the party at baby?"
Brutus: We were not!
Cresida: Okay, so that might not have happened.. Anyway...
Cresida: After Brutus pulled this incredibly creepy face, we were off
to 'Sonja's'. 
Cresida: That's the owner, right there. Sonja Cavendish.
There are some pretty strange rumors circulating about her, 
but i'm sure that they're not true!
Cresida: I mean. Look how happy she looks!
 
Cresida: No-one that happy is evil! Unless she was drunk?
She could be a happy drunk?
Cresida: I lost sight of these two at around 10ish
So I gradually made my way round the club.
Cresida: Making friends
???: My name's J---
Cresida: Avoiding the weirdos
Cresida: As I was making my way back over to the bar, 
I couldn't help but overhear an argument between my new pal
and who I assume to be his Father?
Chip: Josh, did you sneak up to the VIP balcony again?
Josh: No, I swear---
Chip: Save it. I saw you up there. 
Josh: I'm sorry man.. I just was picking up the rubbish left up there.
Chip: Don't let me catch you up there again, do you understand me?
Josh: Okay. It won't happen again. I was only trying to help.
It was at this point where I made my entrance. A little intoxicated perhaps, 
but I could still manage the art of conversation.
Cresida: Josh-man, I heard everything. Here's a little tip. Don't stay mad at your Dad.
It won't make you feel any better.
Josh: Oh, hey. Yeah, he's not my Dad. 
Cresida: Oh, well then. Be as mad as you want then.
What is he? Your boss?
Josh: ....Something like that...
Chip: Remember what we talked about Josh.
Within the hour, Josh and I had become bosom-buddies.
Ha! Bosom. 
Josh: So Cresida, are you going to give me your number or what?
Cresida: slurs: Yeah buddy, just give me a sec. 
I don't remember much after I gave him my number, but I do know that it involved a photo booth
and silly faces were definitely made. 

It was a miracle that we were up and running by
the following afternoon.
Holly: For the last time, Brutus. Just because you're a slob
does not mean that you get to skip out on chores.
Cresida: Yeah Brute. I can't do the cooking, AND the cleaning.
Holly: Well i'm definitely not cooking after what happened last time.
Holly: Before I forget, Cressie. I have to tell you something.
Cresida: *you're breaking up with Brutus*
Holly: Brutus and I are getting married!
Holly looked at me with a gleam in her eyes that was all too familiar to me.
I smiled. Life was good.












3 comments:

Greenzelda said...

Leave a comment, it'll make my day :-)

Anonymous said...

Continue ur story!? ;)

Greenzelda said...

definitely ;) I've got a new computer and took forever getting everything transferred (so sorry xD)

Post a Comment